The Idaho Disaster Center
- Web guide and source for Idaho State information,
news, weather, county and city emergency management sites online. For links to disasters,
travel & road conditions, maps, history, government services,
public programs, records and research use the Idaho Disaster Center homepage.
The Horse Review Animal Disaster Preparedness Directory
- A series of web pages featuring equine disaster information.
Red Cross Community Disaster Education Materials
- Listing of
educational materials available through the Red Cross.
- Bureau of Disaster
- Names and phone numbers for key personnel at the
Idaho Bureau of Disaster Services.
- University of Florida - The
- Prepared by the UF Coperative Extension
Service/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences.
Comprehensive site which is viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- University of
Wisconsin disaster handbook
- Designed for agents to
provide information on floods, fire, drought, tornadoes, winter storms
along with family and community issues.
Disaster Education Network
- A guide to disaster-related
information available from EDEN members, FEMA, and other disaster
organizations and agencies.
- On disaster assistance ranging from food stamps, keeping food safe
to assistance for farmers.
Emergency Preparedness Personnel Directory
- Key personnel
involved in the nationwide Department of Agriculture (USDA) emergency
organization formed to carry out the Secretary's statutory and
Executive Order emergency preparedness responsibilities.
- Dealing with dry weather.
- Geologic highlights helpful for the public, educators,
students, scientists, businesses, and government agencies.
- The Federal
- Assumptions, policies, concept of operations,
organizational structures and specific assignments of responsibility
to the departments and agencies in providing federal response
assistance to supplement the state and local response efforts.
- National Voluntary
Organizations Active in Disaster
- Coordinates planning efforts
by many voluntary organizations responding to disaster.
- U.S. Department
of Agriculture Departmental Administration
- Types of assistance
available, where to apply...
- Repairing Storm
Damage To Trees
- "How to" manual for repairing tress which have been
damaged due to storms.
Responding to Idaho Disasters provides information, resources and links
to assist individuals in recovering from and preparing for a
disaster. Idaho-specific links and resources are included
If you would like to make comments about this site or to have questions
answered about disasters, contact me at
Biological and Agricultural Engineering Dept.
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID 83844-0904